Sunday, June 3, 2012

Flower Birthday Card

A few weeks ago, I realized I had not purchased a birthday card for my daughter Jessica (Sunnystitching) who lives in England.

I put all plans aside and decided to make her a card and mail it that same day.  I wanted it to be special, especially because it would arrive to her after her birthday.

I had some crocheted flowers on hand, some beads, felt and blank cards.......here goes

First I chose which flower and cut the felt to be the stem and leaves. Got out the white glue and a great adhesive roller (only 99 cents at our local 99 Cent Store).
Second, positioned the stem, leaves and flower on the card, and glued them using the adhesive roller and a little of the white glue.


After glueing the flower, I chose some beads to glue in the center of the flower for a little added dimension.

Now it was time to add "Happy Birthday" on the front of the card.  I printed the words in green on a yellow piece of paper and glued it on front of card with the adhesive roller.

Now I made the gift certificate to put inside the birthday card, printing the gift certificate on paper, added a colorful border to it and glued it on a piece of the yellow paper.
Last, I wrote a poem and printed it on paper same as above and glued it on yellow paper and then glued that on the inside of the card. 

I was so excited to send it to Jessica.  I felt it expressed just how much Jerry and I love her.
Sending words of love can make a heart glad.

12 comments:

  1. I love this idea, so unique and creative! I am going to try this. -Rebecca
    www.BusyModernFamily.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Love your blog! I found you via the MMM blog hop and just added myself to your followers! Also I wanted to invite you to come enter a fabulous Steve Madden giveaway I'm having right now!!
    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much lady!
    Emily

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/06/steve-madden-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! So special! And the presents are wonderful too!! :-)
    big hug to you dear Kay, have a fantastic day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handmade cards are always more heartfelt. Yours turned out great. Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I'm sure your daughter will love it!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't such a good feeling to know that you can turn out a beautiful card at the last minute -- and its so much better than any store bought card. I'm sure your daughter loved it! Thanks so much for sharing on Busy Monday at A Pinch of Joy. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhhh, that is soooooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful and sweet card!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer... From Dream To Reality!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute! I just need to learn how to crochet a flower like that now...

    ReplyDelete
  11. it looks easy to do....and make the special gift for any occasion.

    Send gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!