Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Knights in Shining Armor

One day my daughter Jessica (otherwise known as SunnyStitching) and I were talking about boys clothes versus girls clothes and decided to make some colorful clothes for her son Canaan.  Canaan really likes some of his sister Evie's clothes that are fun and colorful.

Canaan and Evie love so much to pretend play.  Of course, Evie is usually a princess or fairy or Cinderella so Canaan is a prince, knight...to play along.  They are so cute and Jessica joins in which is delightful.

Their family comes to visit each summer so these last few weeks I made a Cinderella Dress  for Evie to wear to pretend play.  Even though Cinderella had a Prince Charming, I decided to make a Knight in Shining Armor outfit for not only Canaan but also for Henry, their cousin who lives only 5 minutes away.  Jerry actually chose the fabric when we were shopping at JoAnn's Fabrics for Cinderella dress fabric.  He chose such cool fabrics.

I used Simplicity Pattern 5520 which was on sale for $1.00!!!!!!  Jerry can use his military discount there which is either 15% or 20% off regular and sale prices.  As you can see the other outfits hold much promise to be made also:):):)...well not this week but maybe for Christmas?
 And Now....I know you have all been waiting to see at least one of my Knights in Shining Armor...
Sir Henry
Jerry who is always so encouraging and supportive of my projects made two really cool shields and swords.  He used two pieces of cardboard for each sword and wrapped them in two different colors of duck tape.  He cut the shields also out of cardboard and used aluminum foil and ducktape to cover them. He put a handle on the backside of the shield.



Here is a close up of the Lion the is the applique on the tunic.  I used black felt and Wonder Under and the felt actually adhere very securely to the shiny fabric.  I used a medium zig zag to sew around it.
One Last Picture of Sir Henry!

We are so excited for Sir Canaan to arrive....Cinderella Evie will feel very protected by these caring Knights in Shining Armor.

PS...When Henry saw the fabric and pattern and Evie's dress....He said, "Me and Canaan are going to look so cool and Evie...well she will look beautiful"..

Thank you for listening to My Knights In Shining Armor saga.

17 comments:

  1. So cute!!!!
    New follower from the blog hop
    http://lifeexperienceneeded.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is brilliant, both the outfit and the accessories!!! The boys will love it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so fun! When my kids were little my little girl had lots of princess dresses and fairy wings but it was hard to find dress ups for my son who desperately wanted to play pretend too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is fabulous!! The kids are going to have so much fun playing together in their costumes!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This costume is just perfect for him, it suits him very well, and looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is seriously cool! Sir Henry looks adorable :-). i also love the red stripes you sewed on on the outside. and the sword and shield are great. I can see that you guys are looking forward to the visit :-)
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! This and the dress turned out fantastic, I can't wait to see pics of the other grandkids in their new duds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sir Henry looks so handsome! Can't wait to see this in person on Thursday! I'm very impressed with how much you've gotten done lately! :-) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is this!!!! Sir Henry looks very handsome!

    Thanks for sharing at The DIY Dreamer.. From Dream To Reality!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. really cool outfit! It's so hard to find good boys outfits to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fun for little boys! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays!
    Rachel
    adventuresofadiymom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun knight outfit! You did such a great job! I bet you have a very happy lad :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is a great outfit. Love the shield and sword.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So adorable!! I love the whole outfit!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kay, I've featured your Knight in Shining Armor today...
    http://threadingmyway.blogspot.com/2012/06/threading-your-way-features_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's awesome! what fun dress-up clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great little knight costume!

    I thought might like to know about a Creative Costume Contest that is going on over at http://www.halloweenhero.com/costume-contest-2013.html where the Grand Prize is $250. I figured that you and your readers may be interested in entering.

    Thanks again for sharing this great costume idea!

    Best,
    Peter

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!