Saturday, July 28, 2012

Olympics Opening Ceremony Dinner

My friend came over to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremonies last night.  I was thinking about what to make for dinner and "taco salad" came into my mind.  I haven't made taco salad in a very long time.  I found a recipe on food.com that used most of the same ingredients I remembered having used and was so excited to make it.  I used less that 1/4 of the package of taco seasoning so the meat would not be very spicy and used Italian Dressing instead of Catalina. .......side dishes to add to salad were chopped avacados and black olives. 

I made iced green tea and added the U.S. and British Flags to the table "decor"....

 
The salad was delicious and we had a lovely evening.....

P.S.  Dessert was a trip to Velvet Yogurt  (the best frozen yogurt in San Clemente)  to bring some delicious frozen yogurt home to eat later:):)

Sharing an evening with a friend is a precious time.

3 comments:

  1. Tasty looking "olympic" snacks! Hope you enjoyed the ceremony!



    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I enjoyed the post you linked in to Claire Justine. I have linked in a post about a chilli dish I made. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!