Monday, February 18, 2013

Valentine Gifts

It was really a delight to make Valentine's Day gifts this year.  Even though I did not get as many done as I originally wanted to.......the joy of giving was very present.

I am privileged to have a personal trainer Ray at the local Fitness 19 where I work out.  He is so positive, nice, and a gentleman.  I decided to make him a little crocheted basket to put tea bags in.  Jessica (sunnystitching) had brought me some really delicious organic tea bags from England so a few of those went into the basket.

I used Lily's Sugar and Cream warm brown cotton yarn for the basket and was inspired by the basket tutorial here.  The card is made from red and white cardstock.









Then there were the traditional sugar cookies for Corey and Henry, my grandchildren who live only 5 minutes away; and for the neighbors.  I do not ever remember using icing on cupcakes or cookies; and definitely have only made homemade sugar cookies.  However, this year I used a Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie Mix, some white frosting, and little red sprinkles.

 Cookies baked and frosted.  I used a small cookie cutter and was able to get 36 instead of 18.....
Cookies packed with cards and ready for delivery to the neighbors.
The cookies above are going to Corey and Henry along with the bookmarks and cards pictured below.
 See the bookmarks I made for my 2 grandchildren in England here.
(Tutorial for the felt heart shaped bookmark is here.)


Still a few gifts to make........giving can be anytime







5 comments:

  1. These are lovely gifts! I love how you used brown for the basket. It looks really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such thoughtful gifts! I love it! Would you consider sharing this and any other projects that you might have over at my Pinterest Power party?

    http://www.thetaylor-house.com/2013/02/20/pinterest-power-party-7-2.html

    Thanks!
    Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the homemade cookies. Very nice heart shapes also. So glad you came to visit and show your "stuff". Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gifts of love! You are a special grandma and woman! Thanks for sharing this with us at Eco-Kids Tuesday! Hope to see you again today! http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2013/02/bunnys-bento-box-eco-kids-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. What wonderful gifts!! Thank you for sharing at Sharing Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!