Saturday, January 25, 2014

Very Cute Boy Doll Outfit

Canaan has a precious boy baby doll named Frederick.  I decided to make a tshirt and jeans for him.  I used McCalls M6779 for the pants pattern and used a wrap around newborn top I found here to create a tshirt pattern.  I did turn down the waist about two inches more than indicated as the pants looked huge!  The pants are from extra fabric leftover from backpacks I make the grandkids. 

 I love this knit fabric purchased from our local Joanns Fabric store, so colorful and bright!
I opened each shoulder seam so the front shoulder seam lapped over the back and used velcro to fasten. I added fabric to the front shoulder seam so it was longer and could lap over.  This will hopefully make it easier for Canaan to put the shirt over his doll's head.

Bright and Cheerful Outfit..............to be mailed next week..........shhhh, it is a surprise!

Delightful Sewing

2 comments:

  1. Love the knit fabric, Kay. Another super cute outfit that I'm sure will be well loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it fun to sew for the grandkids! Pinned to my What a Doll board. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear your comments!