Friday, March 6, 2015

Homemade Flour Tortillas

When our kids were growing up, I found a recipe for homemade tortillas and made lots of them.  It was much less expensive to make them than to buy them.

As years passed, I was able to buy them and put that recipe aside.......and lost it.

About a year ago, I searched online and found recipe for Homemade Flour Tortillas that also used olive oil.  I tried it....and WOW....tortillas from this recipe are delicious!.



Recipe is on Taste of Home here.

Olive Oil, Flour, Sea Salt

The dough resting.

Rolled dough into small balls....followed recipe......then rolled each ball into circle.
Heat small amount olive oil in skillet and put flour tortilla in to cook.  When bubble show, it is time to turn over the tortilla for the other side to cook....Only takes a minute or so on each side.
Tortilla flipped over.
Finished stack of tortillas!
I fried one of the freshly made tortillas to be chips as side for dinner.
Delicious dinner.....Soft flour chicken tacos, chips and black beans.
Homemade is best.........








1 comment:

I would love to hear your comments!